LOCAL 653 FILES MORE LABOR CHARGES AGAINST SYSCO BOSTON; SEEKS INJUNCTIVE RELIEF
Teamsters Local 653 filed another charge against Sysco Boston this week. The filing asserts that Sysco Boston continues to violate the National Labor Relations Act by:
- Threatening and intimidating employees through “ride along” evaluations of drivers, which the Company previously had not performed for several years.
- Requiring drivers to complete questionnaires soliciting feedback about areas of improvement for warehouse workers. This is a unilateral change in the terms and conditions of employment, as well as a transparent attempt to create discord between the drivers and the warehouse workers.
- Announcing its intention to utilize “Telogis,” a fleet tracking software used to monitor drivers’ idle time. This is a unilateral change in the terms and conditions of employment, as well as a transparent attempt to intimidate bargaining unit members.
- Changing the terms and conditions of the health insurance offered by the Company.
- Changing the tractor assignments for its senior drivers.
READ THE CHARGE:
Or download here